Technical Service for all aspects of Meat, Poultry, Fish and Cheese processing.
- Selecting raw materials
- Availability of raw materials
- Determining flavour profiles
- Selecting functional ingredients
- Seasonings and/or complete units
- Calculating formulas
- Determining proper processing procedures
- GMP practices
- Increasing yield potential
- Selecting the proper materials for the product
- Selecting sizes, colors, barrier qualities
- Printed casings
- Shelf Life
- Nutrition labelling became mandatory for most prepackaged foods on December 12, 2005.
- The Nutrition Facts table appears on food labels with a consistent look, making it easy to find and easy to read.
- The labeling regulations, introduced in 2003, also updated the requirements of over 40 nutrient-content claims and allowed five health claims on diet-health relationships to be used on food labels or in advertisements.
- Together, the Nutrition Facts table, the nutrition claims and the ingredient list provide Canadians with more information to make informed food choices.
- Helpful link: Health Canada: Nutrition Labelling
- We can help you create a nutritional label for all of your meat products. Just contact us, it’s that easy!